2021 Citylight Marriage Conference
Citylight's 2021 Marriage Conference was a blessing, and God really worked through our time together! The conference sessions are available for you to watch below and share. You will also find some discussion questions that accompany each of the main sessions so you can watch with your spouse (or future spouse), or watch as a City Group, and have some intentional conversation. We pray they are helpful to you and that God would use these resources to help build strong marriages throughout our church.
In addition to the resources available above, here are some recommendations from our Care Ministry on how to continue pursuing deeper connection with your spouse.
- MAKE A PLAN - Talk with your spouse/significant other about setting aside a day a week (at least) where you will have dedicated time and space to connect and keep working on your relationship. Turn off the TV, put the phones in the other room, have dinner, "couch time," etc. If one of you finds it easier to connect with shared activity, go for a walk, etc. Just make a plan and protect that time as sacred to your relationship, because it is.
- COMMIT TO PRAY - Prayer changes things. Namely - prayer changes us. Spend time praying for one another and for your relationship. Honor God for where you've seen and experienced his grace at work in your relationship and in your spouse. Do this together. Incorporate Scripture. Consider reading and praying something like Colossians 3:12-17 over your relationship and home. Ask God for help. These are prayers God loves to answer!
- KEEP TALKING - The discussion questions from the sessions that had them are linked above, as well as some others to keep the conversation going. Keep pursuing one another's hearts and fighting for good connection. Here are some other conversation starters we've found helpful. Sometimes these go well, and sometimes they don't, and that's ok. The point is to continue to pursue connection!
- INVITE OTHERS IN - If you are not in a City Group, please, please consider this season of life as God's invite to you and your marriage/future marriage to find a community of saints who you can be known by and grow together with. If you have any questions about where you might fit well or how to get involved, please reach out to John McFarlin, email@example.com, for the Midtown location or Karen Daniel, firstname.lastname@example.org, for the West location.
- ASK FOR HELP IF NEEDED - Though shame would prefer we hide when we are struggling, there is grace and help available. The Care Ministry at Citylight would love to connect with you, hear where you are at, and walk with you if you are needing care in your marriage.
2021 Citylight Marriage Conference
3.20 | 9 AM - 4:30 PM | West location
2020 was quite a year for relationships. Whether you feel your marriage/engagement thrived in 2020, or that it is now in desperate need of a tune-up and feels as if it's barely holding together, this conference is for you. Join us as we come together to worship God, seek a renewed vision for marriage, and be equipped with some important tools needed for the road ahead with all its ups and downs.
This conference is a replacement for the Premarital Weekend. Engaged and married couples are both encouraged to attend. Marriage mentor couples will be available to be paired with after the conference for ongoing support and discipleship.
PLEASE NOTE: only ONE person from the engaged couple/participating couple needs to register. You will answer questions that tell us who is attending with you. Only select yourself on the "Select Attendee" section.
- Cost: $30/couple (includes conference materials, refreshments and light breakfast items, and couples devotional book)
- Content covered will include God's design for marriage, cultivating intimacy in a marriage, how to struggle and suffer well together, navigating conflict and differing convictions, and more.
- No childcare will be provided.
- Conference main sessions will be recorded for later viewing for those unable to attend.
- We will break at 12 PM for an opportunity for you to connect with your fiance/spouse over a lunch date off campus on your own, and reconvene at 1:30 PM for a packed afternoon of great content!
Restaurant SuggestionsApplebee’s Grill | 3350 S 143rd Plaza
Chili’s | 3202 S 143rd Plaza
LongHorn Steakhouse | 3040 S 143rd Plaza
Old Chicago Pizza | 2643 S 144th Street
Red Lobster | 2707 S 140th Street
Outback Steakhouse | 2414 S 132nd Street
Zio’s Pizza | 12997 W Center Road
Cheddar’s Kitchen | 12152 L Street
Famous Dave’s BBQ | 12020 Anne Street
Buffalo Wild Wings | 4287 S 144th Street
Raising Cain’s | 14548 W Center Road
Romeo’s Mexican Food & Pizza | 14630 W Center Road
Panera Bread | 12960 W Center Road.