Individual / Couples Care

The care team consists of directors, residents/interns, and lay people. Our care team is available to provide short-term care (6-8 sessions) and seeks to help people understand their story, suffering, or circumstance in light of their relationship with God in order to help them live more fully in that understanding.


Find a Care Group

Care Groups help people apply the hope of the gospel to their lives by providing community and resources targeted toward specific sin struggles, specific life struggles, or specific types of suffering.


In a desperate situation?

If you are in an emergency, please call 911.

If you are in crisis, please reach out to your City Group leader and/or call the National Crisis Helpline: 1-800-273-8255.

To text the Crisis Text Line: Text NAMI to 741-741

The medical professionals at created a guide that provides information for available drug & alcohol care options, financial support, and free resources that are available in Nebraska.

Drug & Alcohol Addiction Rehab, Treatment, & Recovery Resources in Nebraska

Substance abuse hotlines exist to help people find the support they need to start down the road to a lifetime of recovery from addiction.

Drug Abuse Hotline


Care within Citylight is limited to pastors, staff, and lay counselors. We recognize that at times the struggles and suffering people experience can benefit from people with additional training and expertise or from people who can offer more regular, weekly, and ongoing care.

If you would like a referral, contact Ben Hamilton or Brenda Newton.

Frequently Asked Questions

Who can request care?
Anyone who attends Citylight Omaha can request care. 

How much does meeting with a Care Minister cost?
There is no charge for this ministry. 

What can I expect after filling out the Care Request Form?
After completing the form, you will be contacted within a week to set up an initial appointment with one of our Directors of Care (Brenda Newton or Ben Hamilton). There you will work together to develop a plan that is best for you and your ongoing care based on your situation. 

Can I fill out a Care Request Form for someone else?
We ask that you fill out this form only for yourself. If you know of someone who is struggling and you think they could benefit from care, we would love for you to encourage that individual to fill out this form. If you need coaching on how to have that conversation, feel free to ask one of the Directors of Care or City Group Directors. 

Does Citylight offer professional counseling services?
Citylight does not offer professional, clinical level counseling. If a need for professional counseling is identified at your initial appointment, we have many connections with trusted professionals who hold a biblical worldview that we can connect you with. 

What is the difference between Professional Counseling and Citylight’s Care Ministry?
Professional Counselors hold a Masters Degree and license to practice therapy in the state of Nebraska. Our Care Ministers are lay people in our church who have gone through Care Ministry Equipping and receive coaching and ongoing training. Care Ministers are not paid and do not necessarily have a degree or professional experience in counseling. Care Ministry is not intended to go as in depth as therapy and is not meant for the severity of concerns that professional therapists are equipped to work with (e.g., severe anxiety or other diagnosable mental illnesses, complex trauma, addictions, etc.)