What is a Huddle?
Huddles are an extension of Sunday morning gatherings and City Groups. They are a place where 3-5 people of the same gender that meet weekly for discipleship. A Huddle is a gender-specific, closed group of 3-5 believers that meet weekly for 12-18 months for focused spiritual transformation.
Discipleship is an important process for every believer that provides intimate friendships, an environment of accountability, and most importantly, it cultivates a life rooted deeply in God’s Word.A Huddle is a place to be known by others in such a way that you can be completely honest with your joys and struggles, confess sin, speak the truth of the gospel to one another, learn about God, sharpen one another, and point each other to Christ!
What to Expect?
Our expectation is that God will grow you in five different areas over the next 12-18 months: Bible Reading/SOAP Journals, Supplemental book reading, Scripture Memory, Accountability, and Prayer
What is the Commitment?
- Give yourself fully to the Lord during this time as you anticipate a season of focused spiritual transformation.
- Meet weekly as a Huddle (60-90 minutes). When unable, you will stay involved through sharing SOAP Journals and prayer requests remotely.
- Commit to the five weekly disciplines (Bible Reading/SOAP Journals, Supplemental book reading, Scripture Memory, Accountability, and Prayer)
- Contribute to a group atmosphere of confidentiality, honesty, and transparency.
- Pray weekly for fellow Huddle members.
- Pray and look ahead for those in your life who you could invite into discipleship at the end of your Huddle.
Starting a New Huddle
If you want to join a Huddle, talk with your City Group Leader about developing and starting a Huddle. Citylight staff will provide helpful resources that will remove the intimidation of leading. Find more information or if you already have 2-4 friends who want to start a Huddle, register below. We can help you launch and lead a new Huddle. Register so that you can receive a new Huddle kit and receive information and updates to better support you.