When are In-Person gatherings available again?
In-Person gatherings will resume Sunday, June 7 at both Midtown and West locations. We will have both 9 AM and 11 AM gathering times.
Will Livestream still be available?
Yes, we will continue to provide livestream. We will move from a single 10 AM livestream to both a 9 AM and 11 AM livestream options on Facebook, YouTube, and citylightomaha.org/live.
What options are available to gather?
- You can gather in person at either the Midtown or West location starting June 7
- You can gather together by hosting a watch party at your house with friends, family or your City Group
What Happens when I arrive?
When you arrive, you can park and walk to the entrance with your household keeping a 6 foot distance from other households. There will be greeters at the doors and ushers to assist you into the building. You will not be required to wear masks, but following the advice of medical professionals, we are going to encourage mask use. The Citylight team will be in masks, but you can do what is comfortable for you and your family.
At all times we will ask you to maintain a 6-foot safe distance as you move through and sit in the environment. We are asking you to not congregate before or after gatherings to maintain social distancing. We will not offer donuts and coffee during this season. We encourage you to find other ways to connect with people via our Facebook groups or inviting your City Group to your home as you're comfortable.
Will the gatherings be different?
Yes. We still want to meet in person, but we are looking to keep you safe. Some differences will include no physical bulletins and we will not offer communion. The chairs will be setup every other row and households will need to sit together with two chairs between parties. The gathering will still include worship and preaching.
Will we have Citylight Kids during the Gathering?
No, We do not anticipate normal kid’s classes for the next couple months. We always desire for Sunday gatherings to be multi-generational and value having children in the room. At this time children, birth - 5th grade, will join your family in the gathering.
What other precautions is Citylight taking to ensure safety?
We are taking every step of precaution as prescribed by the CDC to ensure that Citylight is safe, secure and spacious for your family.
- The building will be thoroughly cleaned between each gathering in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- Citylight staff and volunteers will wear masks for the safety of others.
- We are encouraging social distancing. Staff and volunteers will open doors for you and limit any contact as much as possible. We will also space out seating to ensure social distancing.
- We will not be providing donuts and coffee to limit contact as much as possible.
- We will temporarily halt the practice of communion.
- We will not have a prayer team during the gathering.
- We will not have the staff or volunteers in the Connect Area.
Please follow the Nebraska Guidelines for Faith Based Services as you make the decision to gather in person.