City Groups are the primary way we “Scatter” throughout community during the week and the DNA of Citylight Church. This is where we find true connection with others in the body of Christ and live on mission inviting others into community and making disciples.
What are the Qualifications for a City Group Leader?
- A love for Jesus and have made a decision to follow Him. You don’t have to be a biblical scholar, but Jesus must be your Lord and Savior and you are being spiritually formed to look more like Jesus.
- A willingness to accept responsibility for leading in an area of a City Group. For example, lead spiritual discussion, provide hospitality and hosting, mobilize the group to serve in the community, shepherd the group members, or organize communication.
- A teachable and trainable attitude to uphold the Citylight Core Values (UP, IN, OUT) in City Groups and willing to sharpen leadership skills.
- A posture of humility knowing we are instruments in God’s hands and depend upon His Spirit to lead.
How to Join the New City Group Leader Cohort
- Apply to become a City Group Leader and go through the interview process.
- The Cohort is a 3-month training process that will equip new leaders to launch new City Groups in the Fall.
- Attend the Cohort Kickoff (Zoom call) happening April 27 at 7:30 PM. The Zoom invitation will be sent to those who apply.
- Participate in training two times a month during the Cohort. These trainings will include: How Citylight’s Core Values shape group rhythms. Understanding Missional Communities. Gain practical tools for leading a City Group. What to do and how to do it. And identifying co-leaders for your group or be willing to be paired with others. Launch new City Group!
Apply to become a City Group Leader
City Groups are a place to truly experience the family of God. It takes a team of leaders to help City Groups make disciples and live on mission for Jesus. If you feel God calling you to lead a group and invest in missional community, apply below:
City Group Leader Application