What is Citylight Church?
Citylight Church exists to multiply disciples of Jesus and churches. We believe that Jesus is our Creator, Savior, Lord, and coming King.
Additionally, we don’t view college students as the future church but we see them as valuable members of the church today. We want to reach college students with the good news of Jesus Christ. We want to see students grow in their faith, live in community, and be shaped to look more like Jesus while in college. We want to see college students empowered and equipped to live on mission and become disciple makers! We believe college students matter.
What is Citylight U?
Citylight U is a community for college students around the Omaha metro area. Citylight U is home to more than one hundred college students who gather to worship Jesus together on Tuesday nights. Additionally, Citylight U students scatter into City Groups that meet on and off campus throughout the week.
What Citylight U Values
Gospel-Centered Worship. Gospel-Centered Community. Gospel-Centered Multiplication.
Citylight U Director – Position Summary
The director of Citylight U is responsible for casting vision and implementing Citylight’s vision to reach disciples and empower college students for gospel-centered ministry. This is a full-time position that will oversee a team of interns and be responsible for developing a team of student leaders.
1. Love and lead your team.
- Citylight U has a group of full-time interns who help over see City Groups, campus outreach events, mission trips, etc. Our Citylight U director must love and lead this team of committed interns.
- This includes organizing staff retreats to plan an annual ministry calendar, revisit the vision, and organize events.
- Additionally, this includes giving timely feedback and creating a fun team culture.
- Additionally, this may mean helping to recruit, train, and empower new staff as the ministry grows.
- Steward the Citylight U ministry budget.
2. Preach the Word
- Organize the teaching/preaching schedule for the Tuesday night gathering.
- Help create a teaching team and sermon prep process that includes other interns and staff members so that you are not simply preaching, but working to reproduce other preachers.
- Preach a minimum of 50% and a maximum of 70% of the time. This will allow you to be the primary communicator and create space for others to get preaching reps and opportunities.
- Work with team to plan the weekly gathering and oversee programming.
3. Develop leaders
- Organize weekly or bi-weekly meetings where your team eats and prays with, and trains your student leaders.
- Attend Christmas Conferences and other leadership equipping events to help develop student leaders and their ability to disciple and lead others.
- Empower students to lead groups, mission trips, and campus outreaches, and actively participate in the ministry.
4. Reach students
- Organize Fall outreach events to engage freshmen and new students during campus orientation.
- Be present on campus. Play basketball, frisbee golf, or eat with students.
- Follow up contact cards via phone call, text, or email.
- Take student leaders on campus to share their faith, walk and pray, and start spiritual conversations.
- Work with your interns and team members to oversee social media presence and use all means to invite students to participate in what God is doing.
- Help students connect, serve, and love the local church and not simply stay a member of Citylight U.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Deep personal love for Jesus Christ
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years of campus ministry experience
- Ability to teach the Word with theological integrity
- Commitment to the local church as a training and sending agent for the mission of God
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Salary and Benefits: Please Check HR Policies handbook for the full list of benefits.
- $45,000 – $58,000 based on experience and education
- Health care (will cover full family)
- Retirement funding
- Seminary expenses
- Able to raise additional funds for CLU Budget
- Paid time off/vacation days and sick days
Direct Report – Lead Pastor Chris Hruska
Start Date – No later than August 1