Who are we?
Citylight exists to multiply disciples of Jesus and churches. In 2012, Citylight was planted by a small core team that wanted to see Jesus do a new work in Omaha. Over the past four years God has shown tremendous grace to our church family. Citylight has grown from a handful of people praying in a living room to a spiritual family of more than 1,700 people. Additionally, hundreds have met Jesus and been baptized. We are a gospel-centered church, meaning we allow the good news of Jesus Christ to shape every area of our ministry, message, and methods. We affirm the Gospel Coalition statement of faith, as well as the Christian & Missionary Alliance statement of faith.
Who are we looking for?
The Citylight Omaha Worship Director will serve as the primary corporate worship leader of our Sunday morning gatherings. They will help create a healthy, Christ-exalting worship culture while caring for current musicians and developing new musicians.
Direct Report: Lead Pastor Gavin Johnson
Expectation: 40+ hrs a week.
1. Lead Worship
- Prepare song sets that align with the sermon’s theme
- Help organize and plan Sunday morning gatherings
- Lead worship at Sunday gatherings and other Citylight events
- Oversee mid-week team rehearsals
- Oversee volunteer schedules in Planning Center
- Prepare slides in Pro Presenter
- Ensure songs are theologically correct and gospel-centered
- Maintain, purchase, and asses musical equipment.
2. Lead A Team
- Oversee Auditions and musician assimilation
- Help develop musical competences and empower volunteers to help lead
- Invest spiritually in your team of musicians
- Help disciple, counsel and mature those on your team
- Give ongoing feedback and encouragement to team members
- Spend time with team members outside of rehearsals (coffee, lunch, etc.)
3. Reproduce Worship Leaders
- Oversee full-time Worship Interns and Residents
- Equip interns with a theological grid on worship and ministry philosophy
- Empower interns and residents to lead and provide ongoing coaching
- Recruit potential worship leaders to the team and develop their character and ministry competencies
4. Be a Humble Team Player
- Attend Citylight Staff Prayer Gatherings
- Participate in Citylight Sermon / Message Team meetings
- Help organize and set up for large events
- Plug into a City Group or help lead a City Group for song writers and creatives
5. Church Planting Resource
- Help Citylight church plants develop worship teams and new leaders
- Help Citylight church plants understand equipment needs
- Work toward multiplying team members so that we can send out Godly, trained, and equipped worship leaders
Salary and Benefits: Please Check HR Policies handbook for the full list of benefits.
- $43,000 – $58,000 based on experience and education
- Health care (will cover full family)
- Retirement funding
- Seminary expenses
- Able to raise additional funds for CLHigh Budget
- Paid time off/vacation days and sick days