Just as Citylight is committed to Multiplying Disciples and Churches, Citylight Kids exists to give Families the opportunity to Meet Jesus, Imitate Jesus, and Share Jesus, through The Gospel, Relationships, and Service.
Purpose of Citylight Kids
Studies show that most children’s permanent view of God is formed by age 5, and also show that 85% of those who accept Christ do so between the ages of 4 and 14. Matthew 19:14-16 says, " ‘Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.’ And he took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them.”
With this knowledge in mind we seek to:
Partner with PARENTS in nurturing the spiritual development of each child.
Encourage PARENTS to actively participate in worship, Bible study, fellowship, and ministry opportunities individually and with their children.
Nurture three key RELATIONSHIPS
A child’s relationship with God.
Volunteers’ relationships with one another and children.
Our church’s relationship with families.
Help children begin to believe and enjoy the GOSPEL - the good news that God saves sinners through the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Provide activity-based, GOSPEL-soaked teaching, which includes Bible stories, music, opportunities to share and express themselves in age-appropriate ways, and chances to respond to God’s love for them with faith and belief.
Citylight Kids Staff Team
Phil Robinson – Family and Missions Pastor
Whitney Julian – Citylight Kids Director
Ashleigh Rhoads – Citylight Kids Coordinator
Cyle Kizer – Citylight Kids Intern
Citylight Kids Direct Office Line
Resources for Citylight Kids Families
These are just a few resources that we recommend as you disciple your kids:
- The Bible 🙂
- The Jesus Storybook Bible by Sally Lloyd-Jones
- The Big Picture Interactive Bible, and Big Picture Interactive Storybook Bible
- Sticky Faith by Powell and Clark
- How to Enjoy Reading Your Bible by Keith Ferrin
- Like Ice-Cream by Keith Ferrin
- Becoming a Spiritually Healthy Family by Michelle Anthony
- Dreaming of More for the Next Generation by Michelle Anthony
- Parenting by Paul Tripp
- The Gospel-Centered Parent by Miller, Harrell, and Kumpenhower
- Any book that increases your love for Jesus will benefit your parenting!
- D6 Ministry Podcast
- Lifeway Kids Ministry 101 Podcast
- TGC Podcast
- Connected Families Podcast
- Any podcast that increases your love for Jesus will benefit your parenting!
Websites & Blogs:
- Citylight Kids Youtube channel!
- Any website or blog that increases your love for Jesus will benefit your parenting!
- YouVersion Bible for Kids
- The Gospel Project Family App
- YouVersion Bible App
- We also recommend that if your child has an app, that you install it, too. Become fluent in the language your child speaks!
- Any app that increases your love for Jesus will benefit your parenting!
To receive the monthly e-newsletter, email Ashleigh@citylightomaha.org
|8 am gathering||930 am gathering||11 am gathering|
|1 year old||1 year old||1 year old|
|2 year old room||2 year old room||2 year old room|
|3 year old room||3 year old room||3 year old room|
|4 year old room||4 year old room||4 year old room|
|5-Kindergarten room||5-Kindergarten room||5-Kindergarten room|
|First Grade||First Grade||First Grade|
|Second Grade||Second Grade||Second Grade|
|Third Grade||Third Grade|
|Fourth-Fifth Grade||Fourth-Fifth Grade|
*Children 12 years and up may apply to become a Youth Helper to serve alongside adults in CLK. Contact Whitney Julian or stop at the Check-In desk for more information.
*CLK is committed to working with families to finding the class that best fits your child. If you have questions about the room your child is in, or a request for them to be in a different room, please contact Whitney Julian.
Email Whitney Julian for information on Summer of Service 2017
Sign up to serve on one of our Serving Teams! No matter what your spiritual gifts, we have a place for you on one of our teams. Sign up here.